CURRICULUM MEETINGS 2015-2016
How to help in Reading:
- Talk about what might happen in the story before reading the story
- Don’t forget the importance of the title and front cover!
- Use phonics to read unknown words
- Look for tricky words ( words that don´t follow the phonics rules) and talk about what makes them tricky
- Talk about punctuation
- Model how to read with expression
- Ask questions like “What happened to that character?” “Why do you think he/she did that?”, “Did you like the story?” “Why/Why not?”
- Write an alternative ending with your child
- Talking about where the story is set, who are the main characters, the beginning, middle and end
- Remember you do not have to do all this in English! Your child will benefit just as much if you do it in Spanish.
Sounds in English: